22 September 2007

hectic lecture schedules

Every school's online system should have an (iCal/.../...) export option for the personal course plan.

Thankfully my uni has (much-loathed) online student information system, which among other things allows one to look at generated course schedule plan. My plan is especially hectic this semester—subjects are scattered around without any apparent patterns. I have printed this out but there are chances that I forget to look at it at right time or lose the track of which week of the semester is currently in progress and definitely just forget to attend some classes.

Finally I resorted to manually entering the course plan into Google Calendar and setting SMS notifications for the irregular classes. That took a lot of time because so few things could be marked 'reoccuring every ...'.

Of course I would be even happier when every page that somehow deals with future events would have an easy option to get those events into my calendar. But for schools/conferences this is such a basic feature that should always be present.

No comments: